Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes Can Check
or Update Their Voter Registration Online
Gatineau, Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Leeds–Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes (Ontario). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information contained in the National Register of Electors.
- To vote in the federal by-election, electors must be registered at their current address.
- Election workers will conduct door-to-door targeted revision in areas where mobility is high and registration levels are low. If no one is home, the workers will leave behind a registration kit that explains how to register.
- Electors can use Elections Canada’s Online Voter Registration Service to check if they are registered, or to update their address.
- Elections Canada will mail a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes. Cards should arrive between Wednesday, November 7, and Wednesday, November 14.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.