News Releases and Media Advisories
Electors Can Register at the Polls
Gatineau, Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Electors in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, October 23, by-elections. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- Unregistered electors can enter their information online, print a registration certificate and bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online. Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- In order to vote in these by-elections, an elector's home address must be in an electoral district where a by-election is taking place, and must have been so since Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations