News Releases and Media Advisories
Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Whitby–Oshawa (Ontario) and Yellowhead (Alberta)
Can Now Make Changes or Add Their Names
Gatineau, Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Whitby–Oshawa (Ontario) and Yellowhead (Alberta). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information in the National Register of Electors.
- Electors in these two electoral districts who are not on the list for their polling division or who are listed at the wrong address can ask for a revision by contacting their local Elections Canada office:
- Door-to-door targeted revision will be conducted in selected areas.
- Voter information cards will be mailed to all registered electors in the two electoral districts between October 22 and 24. Electors who have not received a card by October 29, or who receive a card with incorrect information, should contact their local Elections Canada office.
- A reminder brochure will be mailed to every household in the two electoral districts between October 29 and 31.
"Every elector in these ridings should be included on the list of electors for his or her polling division," says Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Marc Mayrand. "It's very easy to register or make corrections to information on the list."
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca