News Releases and Media Advisories
Deadline Approaches to Apply to Vote by Mail or
at an Elections Canada Office
Gatineau , Friday, October 13, 2017
- For the federal by-elections in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta), electors who will be away from their electoral district during advance polls or on election day, or who find it more convenient, can vote by mail or in person at an Elections Canada office. Deadlines apply.
Voting at an Elections Canada office:
- Electors may drop in and vote at the Elections Canada office in their riding. Offices are open seven days a week.
- Local Elections Canada office contact information:
- The deadline to apply to vote at an Elections Canada office is 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 17.
Voting by mail:
- Electors who want to vote by mail should apply as soon as possible.
- Electors can apply online to vote by mail. Alternatively, they can mail in a paper application form. Forms are available at any Canadian mission abroad, at Elections Canada offices, or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- Applications submitted online or to Elections Canada in Ottawa must be received by 6:00 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, October 17. Applications submitted to local Elections Canada offices are due by 6:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, October 17.
- Once Elections Canada accepts an elector's application, we mail the elector a special ballot voting kit.
- Electors must allow time for their voting kit to reach them and for their marked ballot to reach Elections Canada by the election day deadline.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations