Deadline Approaches to Apply to Vote by Mail or at an Elections Canada Office in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
Gatineau, Friday, November 23, 2018
- For the federal by-election in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes (Ontario), electors who will be away during advance polls or on election day, or who find it more convenient, can vote by mail or vote in person at a local Elections Canada office in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes. Deadlines apply.
Voting by mail:
- Electors who want to vote by mail should apply as soon as possible.
- Electors can apply online to vote by mail. Alternatively, they can mail in a paper application form. Forms are available at any Canadian mission abroad, at Elections Canada offices, or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- Applications submitted online or to Elections Canada in Ottawa must be received by 6:00 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, November 27. Applications submitted to a local Elections Canada office are due by 6:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, November 27.
- Once Elections Canada accepts an elector's application, we mail the elector a special ballot voting kit.
- Electors must allow time for their voting kit to reach them and for their marked ballot to reach Elections Canada by the election day deadline.
Voting at an Elections Canada office:
- Electors may drop in and vote at an Elections Canada office in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes. The offices are open seven days a week.
- The deadline to apply to vote at an Elections Canada office is 6:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, November 27.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.