News Releases and Media Advisories
Electors Can Register at the Polls
Gatineau, Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Electors in Calgary Heritage (Alberta), Calgary Midnapore (Alberta), Markham–Thornhill (Ontario), Ottawa–Vanier (Ontario) and Saint-Laurent (Quebec) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, April 3 by-elections. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- Unregistered electors who wish to do so are invited to enter their information online, print a registration certificate and bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- In order to vote in these by-elections, an elector's home address must be in an electoral district where a by-election is taking place, and must have been so since March 1st.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at elections.ca