Federal By-election Underway in Nanaimo–Ladysmith
Gatineau, March 24, 2019
- A federal by-election will be held on Monday, May 6, 2019 in the electoral district of Nanaimo–Ladysmith (British Columbia) to fill a vacancy in the House of Commons.
- The Elections Canada office in Nanaimo–Ladysmith is open as of today.
- Canadian citizens in Nanaimo–Ladysmith who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the lists of electors, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, until election day, Monday, May 6, 2019.
- Electors need to be registered to vote. Most electors are already registered. To check, electors can visit elections.ca/register or call us at 1-800-463-6868.
- Unregistered electors can register at the Elections Canada office in Nanaimo–Ladysmith or at their polling place just before they vote. They can also call us at 1-800-463-6868.
- Electors have many voting options to choose from: by mail, in person at the Elections Canada office in Nanaimo–Ladysmith, at their advance polling place, or at their election day polling place.
- To vote, electors must show proof of their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.