News Releases and Media Advisories
Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Calgary Heritage, Calgary Midnapore,
Markham–Thornhill, Ottawa–Vanier and Saint-Laurent can register, or
check or update their voter registration online
Gatineau, Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Calgary Heritage (Alberta), Calgary Midnapore (Alberta), Markham–Thornhill (Ontario), Ottawa–Vanier (Ontario) and Saint-Laurent (Quebec). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information contained in the National Register of Electors.
- To vote in a federal by-election, electors must be registered at their current address.
- Election workers will conduct door-to-door targeted revision in areas where mobility is high and registration levels are low. If no one is home, the workers will leave behind a registration kit that explains how to register.
- Electors can use Elections Canada's Online Voter Registration Service to register, to check if they are registered, or to update their address.
- Elections Canada will mail a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in electoral districts where a by-election is taking place. Cards should arrive between Wednesday, March 15, and Wednesday, March 22.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at elections.ca