News Releases and Media Advisories
Electors Can Register at the Polls
Gatineau, Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Electors in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord (Quebec) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, June 18 by-election. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate online, print it and bring it with them to the polls.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online. Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- To be eligible to vote in this by-election, an elector's home address must be in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord and must have been in that electoral district since Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.