Press Releases and Media Advisories
Registered Political Parties Submit 2009 Fiscal Returns
OTTAWA, Friday, July 2, 2010
- The deadline for registered parties to file financial transactions returns for 2009 was midnight, June 30, 2010. These returns are reports on contributions, loans, transfers, by-election expenses and unpaid claims. Party financial statements are also included with the returns.
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada may grant a deadline extension if a political party applies for one before the statutory deadline. As of June 30, 2010, the following political parties have applied for and been granted an extension:
- Canadian Action Party
- First Peoples National Party of Canada
- Libertarian Party of Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador First Party
- People's Political Power Party of Canada
- Rhinoceros Party
- Work Less Party
- As soon as possible after they are received, Elections Canada posts the returns for 2009 in a searchable database at www.elections.ca.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca