Electors Can Register at the Polls
GATINEAU, Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Electors in the electoral districts of Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, February 25 by-election. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- For faster service at the polls, electors who are not registered can fill out a registration certificate online, print it and bring it with them to the polls to complete their registration.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online. Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- To be eligible to vote in one of these by-elections, an elector’s home address must have been in the electoral district where the by-election is taking place since Monday, January 14, 2019.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.