Preliminary Election Expenses Limits Now Available
Limits apply to registered political parties, confirmed candidates and registered third parties in the federal by-elections in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce–Westmount, Oxford, Winnipeg South Centre and Portage–Lisgar
Gatineau, Friday, May 19, 2023
- The Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for registered political parties and confirmed candidates for the federal by-elections to be held on June 19, 2023 in the electoral districts of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce–Westmount (Quebec), Oxford (Ontario), Winnipeg South Centre (Manitoba) and Portage–Lisgar (Manitoba).
- The limits establish how much registered parties and confirmed candidates can spend on election expenses.
Preliminary election expenses limits are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- View the preliminary election expenses limits for registered political parties with a candidate in:
- View the preliminary election expenses limits for confirmed candidates in:
- The final election expenses limits for registered parties and candidates will be available on Monday, June 12, 6:00 p.m, after the lists of electors have been revised.
- Expenses limits for regulated activities of registered third parties are also available.
- Election expenses limits for political parties and for candidates as well as expenses limits for regulated activities of third parties are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.