Elections Canada Has Started Mailing Voter Information Cards
Registered electors in Calgary Heritage should receive their card by Saturday, July 8, 2023
Gatineau, Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Elections Canada is mailing a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in Calgary Heritage (Alberta). The card tells electors when and where to vote and has information about the accessibility of their polling station.
- The vast majority of electors are already correctly registered and should receive a voter information card in the mail by Saturday, July 8, though there may be delays depending on when polling stations are identified.
- Electors who do not receive a card by Saturday, July 8, or whose card shows the incorrect information, can register or update their address online or contact their Elections Canada office.
- All electors can check now if they are registered, or they can register or update their address by using the Online Voter Registration Service.
- They can also visit elections.ca and enter their postal code into the Voter Information Service box to find out where they can vote, including the location of the local Elections Canada office and of their assigned advance and election day polling stations.
- Electors should contact the Elections Canada office in their riding if:
- the name on their card contains an error
- they receive a voter information card for a deceased person or someone who does not live at their address
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The voter information card may be used as proof of address at the polls. Electors must use it with another piece of accepted ID to prove their identity. View the list of accepted ID.
- Electors do not need to bring their voter information card to the polls in order to vote, but we encourage them to do so for faster service.
- Elections Canada is hiring election workers to fill various paid positions in this federal by-election. Those interested in making an impact in their community can apply online at elections.ca or contact their returning officer for more information.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For daily election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.